Wednesday 8 July 2009

Ulster Way - In the Mournes


Finally got signal again!

I've had a couple longish days recently, walking circa 20miles a day; taking me from Moy to Portadown then to Newry. Spent last night pitched up beside Spelga Dam after meeting up with my mate Alan in Rostrevor, who is going to walk a couple days with me. I'm now off the route of the Ulster Way, instead we're traversing some of the peaks of the Mournes. Not going up them seems like an awful waste as the views from the peaks are outstanding. We will be crawling into Newcastle before the end of the day for a couple pints and possibly a night in a youth hostel to get cleaned up etc.

We'd better keep moving while the weather is still with us.



Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comment(s) so far, add your thoughts -->>here<<--: