Sunday 11 October 2009

Irish Four Peaks Teaser

4 peaks, 4 beers, 4hours sleep, 3628 metres climbed (well, sort of), over 800 miles driven and 1 camera M.I.A, all in under 40 hours.

It was a good trip, however being confined to a car for a couple of hours in between running up and down hills does not come highly reccomended. More will come after a sleep or two, until then here's a couple photo's.




4 comment(s) so far, add your thoughts -->>here<<--:

Northern Focus said...

Mentalist! Can't see this one catching on with the charity brigade though ... thankfully ... "Amen!" said the mountain rescue peeps.

BTW, I didn't realise your other blog was Advntrgeez until just now ... well I say other, but it's obviously defunct now.

Keith said...

Hi Simon,

I suppose it was a bit crazy, all very last minute though which added to it a bit. We've all got a good bit of experience on the hills, so not much danger of something going overly wrong, even if we (in particular myself wearing Hawaiians and swigging out of a beer)at times, looked like we hadn't got a clue.

Funnily enough there is a charity Irish 4 peaks ;) howeve I think they do it in the height of summer and with a bit more time.

Aye, Advntrgeez got "shut down" and replaced with something that people might be able to remember and spell correctly :) I also found it easier to set up mobile blogging on blogger, which also had a large part to play in the move. Meant to deal with it a lot sooner, but never got round to it. Will have to pull in and finsih the Peru write ups at some stage.

Hope all is good with you!

Northern Focus said...

Ha! Shows what I know! I didn't realise there was a charity Irish 4 Peaks. I know some people add Donard to the British 3 Peaks, but I've always resisted the requests for me to participate.

I did have a bit of a chuckle at the short and the beer can!

Keith said...

As someone who has done next to nothing on the mainland hills, its something I wouldn't say no to if offered. However, one thing is that once you're up in the hills you really want to stay and explore, instead of having to return via the same route and sit in a car to head to the next one.

What are you laughing at, I'm 110percent proffessional! ;-)

All joking aside they were actually very good, and far better than getting the bottom of my trousers soaked!